Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tracting and Appointments With The Missionaries

After playing basketball with the Elders on the 27th I hung around the house until 3:20 when I went and I picked up my sister Laura Kirton from the airport and I was really happy to see her. (Even though she did steal shotgun). I am really glad she is here.
The next day we had a train the trainers meeting and it was another great experience. While there Three Elders who were in a three person companionship asked me if I would like to go out and teach with them. More will come on that story. Later that day we picked up my Aunt Alaura from the airport. Once we picked her up we went home but then drove to Waco, Texas, which was about a two hour drive to go to my Uncles wedding. Once there we went to dinner and celebrated.
Friday we woke up ate breakfast  and that whole day was a lot of shopping for my uncle and just boring stuff. We got to the wedding about 5 o'clock or sometime there about and after ate dinner and I went home with my dad. The wedding was very strange for me because it was in a Catholic church. It was different from anything I had seen before.
Now to tell you the story of the title. Today I went out with the missionaries and 4:50 p.m. We went to a dinner appointment with a recent convert were we ate rice and beans and some sort of hamburger mix. It was delicious. The thing I did not know about these Elders going in was that they were Spanish speaking Elders. So the whole dinner was talking in Spanish with a little English mixed in every once in a while. It was great after we left and went outside right in front of us about 5 ft from the door we just came out of there was a door and there was a hand sticking out of the door. I saw it the Elders did not. I told Elder Perry we should go talk to him. My first word to anyone I have ever taught the gospel to with missionaries was Hola. That word and me seeing his hand got us a return appointment. "Score." It was great. Then it was time for an appointment with a sister looking into the gospel. It was all Spanish. I couldn't contribute any words so I just hoped I could bring a good spirit. Elder Perry did a great job and the appointment went great. Then we went tracting. It was so fun some of the houses talked to us and told us they had one reason or another they didn't want to here it but Elder Perry was persistent and really stuck to it. At each door that rejected us he still gave them a pass along card with his number. Then he told me I had to do the next English door approach and I was scared. I knocked on a door and she answered saying hello. Now I had to do it. I jumbled through what I thought was a pretty lame door approach but the first one I ever did we were let in. Another score. I love missionary work and I love missionaries. It has been some great days for A Boy In The Mission Field.